Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anais Nin on Facebook

Today there are 12,092 fans on this Facebook page.


And what an easy way to get involved with Anais Nin fans (or ninnies as my skeptical pal
William Rossa Cole used to call those who he considered fans of her work) since he brought me to meet Frances Steloff at Gotham Book Mart, how irritated could I get by his little jab/jest.


The contact person for the site is Corina Joy. You can reach her by email by signing up as a fan for the site or reading the Wall



To distinguish her page from others on Facebook, look for this
picture of Nin (which I haven't seen in this format with the teapot)
I still prefer to think of her drinking coffee! being a tall Americano myself and my love of this quote of Anais which we use on
our ordering page  on AnaisNin.com for my favorite book on Anais, Benjamin Franklin's Recollections of Anais Nin by her Contemporaries. One of those out of print gems that you should search for on ABE.com you can buy a copy today for $3 or
click on Amazon's link to ask for it to be added to the Kindle
bookstore!




"Joy appears now in the little things. The big themes remain tragic but a leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the taste of coffee--Joy accompanied me as I walked to the press. The secret of joy is the mastery of pain."
-Anais Nin

No comments: