Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Closer to Home


Nin intimate , Judith Citrin has written a book Closer to Home
(available on Amazon)
that was just published this summer.
As Judith writes:
This small book has had a very long gestation. Decades ago I felt the impulse to set down unusual happenings that were occurring in my apparently ordinary suburban life. Since then I have observed what seemed to be a thread connecting the events, both inner and outer, running through the many years of my journey to what I have known as truth. It is my hope that what I share here might help light the way for other wayfarers who may be in confusion as non ordinary events occur in their own lives. Included in this testimony are examples of words I heard and wrote down as they came in meditations over the course of 26 years. And now the time has come for the birth of my story.



This slim volume is a mesmerizing read. It does also describes Nin and Citrin's friendship. I kept thinking while reading it of Hafiz's lines.
"This place you are right now, God has circled on a map for you."


No comments: